domingo, 5 de febrero de 2012

ANTONIO LÓPEZ IN BILBAO

Last Sunday I went to the Bellas Artes Museum of Bilbao to see an exposition of the artist Antonio López. I’ve seen his work in books and on the TV, but seeing it in reality was simply delightful.

It was the last day of the exhibition, so the gallery, even being early in the morning, was already crowded. However, the atmosphere was relaxing, like it usually is in all the museums. Everyone was silent or whispering, except for a couple of children and the guide that was explaining the exhibit to a group of people.

The technique of the artist in his paintings was absolutely impressive, both in oil paintings and in the ones made with pencil, which seemed a black and white photo. After that, I had a hot chocolate that was tasty, but nothing compared with the delicious one they make in my favourite café.

To sum up, it was an exhibition I couldn’t have missed. I have to admit I felt quite proud of myself seeing the huge queue there was when I left the museum and which I had avoided by going just when they opened at ten o’clock.

1 comentario: